At Saint Edward’s pre-school children learn in developmentally appropriate groups—not arbitrarily determined by age—but formed by the understanding that a child learns more and their experience is greatly enriched by learning with children at the same developmental stage.
At Saint Edward’s pre-school children progress at their own rate with individualized one-on-one instruction. All children progress at their own rate—mastering reading, problem-solving, and language comfortably.
At Saint Edward’s the pre-school child benefits from a content-rich program. Children whose early education includes vibrant, rich content and vocabulary master language skills earlier and more abundantly.
Pre-school children at Saint Edward’s:
· begin letter formation and progress to journal writing, along to creative writing and voice;
· begin phonemic awareness and advance not just to reading, but to a depth of vocabulary that is proven to lead to greater success throughout their lives;
· explore numbers, measurements, shapes and patterns and learn to master math skills through the world-renowned Singapore math program;
· learn an increasing array of social skills that shape their manners, character development, and build their leadership skills;
· learn by doing hands-on projects in a pre-primary science lab that excites students about STEM subjects,
· begin Spanish language learning using an innovative curriculum that takes advantage of children’s critical period from age 3 to 7 for absorbing language.
These are the initiatives that, together, place Saint Edward’s School among the best schools state-wide and nationally for early childhood learning. Accredited by the Florida Council of Independent Schools and the Florida Kindergarten Council, Saint Edward’s enrolls students beginning in pre-k after an assessment of their learning and development has been completed.